Amy's New Job
The Lord has been so good to me. I have been waiting and praying since this past fall for the job God wanted for me. He has taught me so many lessons during this time. The biggest lesson I've been reminded of is that I can only find my purpose in God and in glorifying Him...not in any job. Having a job does not give my life purpose and not having one does not define who I am or make me a "loser". (These are the lies Satan was trying to get me to believe).I had been thinking I'd like a part time job, but didn't know if that was my desire or God's. Over the past month He has confirmed to me that he does want me to work part time so I can also take care of our home and marriage which is my top priority after my relationship with the Lord. Shortly after I came to this conclusion, the Lord opened the door. It's amazing to think of all this as I type...anyways, my friend Kristy works at a local law firm and heard they were looking for someone part time. I talked with one of the lawyers and went into the office the next day to meet with him. He actually is a christian and goes to our church. They are an estate planning firm and needed someone to help finalize drafts of trusts and manage the process of deeds. Of course, I know nothing about this stuff, but they said it is easy to learn and it seems interesting to me. My first day of work is this Thursday, May4th.
The best thing is how God has answered my prayers to the detail. The office is not far from our home and it's right down the road from the church, so I can have lunch with Todd and other friends sometimes. They are very flexible and I get to have Fridays off so I can spend them with Todd, since that is his day off. There are Christians in the office and my friend is there twice a week. Everyone seems very nice. It isn't a stressful job, but it isn't mindless work either. They offer free estate planning to employees and the pay is great. How awesome is that! It is such confirmation that God is faithful and will provide. We just have to wait on him and trust him in the meantime.
God Bless, Amy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home